- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
ASHLEY COLE SET FOR SHOCK BARCELONA SWITCH
- Updated: 25 February, 2012
Chelsea and England fullback Ashley Cole could be set for a shock summer move to Spanish giants Barcelona according to the Daily Star.
Cole is said to have fallen out with Chelsea boss Andres Villas-Boas and will leave Stamford Bridge if the Portuguese manager stays at the club next season.
Barcelona are rumoured to be searching for more cover at left back with Eric Abidal now 32-years-old, and have already been linked with Valencia’s Jordi Alba.
However Alba is likely to remain at the Mestalla next season, which has lead them to look elsewhere.
Chelsea have experienced a difficult season which has led to speculation that Villas-Boas will leave the club in May, however the coach believes he will remain at Stamford Bridge, saying:
“The speculation over my future is normal given the cultural past of this football club but you must understand there is a different perspective now.
“I cope with the pressure and have the full confidence of the owner. I am here to do my job and my job is for this year and the next two years.”Follow @icentrocampista