- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
CHELSEA AND ARSENAL FIGHT FOR SPANISH STARLET
- Updated: 21 February, 2012
Chelsea and Arsenal are set to battle it out for the signature of Spanish star Iñigo Martínez, according to reports from Spain this morning.
Both Andres Villas-Boas and Arsene Wenger have highlighted the Real Sociedad centre-back according to Spanish sports daily AS, although the player is also on the radar of Barcelona.
Chelsea have experienced an inconsistent season in the Premier League and it is believed Villas-Boas wants extra defensive cover at Stamford Bridge.
Arsenal meanwhile have seen their season hit crisis point as FA Cup elimination to Sunderland came just days after a humiliating 4-0 Champions League defeat to Milan and Wenger has already acknowledged an overhaul is needed at the Emirates Stadium.
Martinez is one of the most promising young players in Spain and has been in impressive form for La Real this season – scoring two goals from inside his own half in the space of a few weeks.
The Spanish club have insisted the player will not leave unless a €30 million release clause is met.Follow @icentrocampista