- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
CHELSEA FACE TUG OF WAR FOR ARGENTINE STAR
- Updated: 27 February, 2012
Chelsea look set for a summer transfer battle for the signature of Gonzalo Higuain, after French side PSG were reported to be readying a bid for the player.
Higuain has been a long-term Chelsea target and reports last week suggested boss Andres Villas-Boas was ready to try and bring the Real Madrid striker to Stamford Bridge during the summer.
Now French newspaper L’equipe claim big-spending PSG want the 24-year-old to link up with fellow Argentine Javier Pastore at the Parc de Princes.
Chelsea have tracked Higuain for a number of months and were said to have lodged an unsuccessful bid for the player last year.
It is now believed the Londoners will return will an improved in the summer, however it is clear they will face stiff opposition in their efforts to bring Higuain to Stamford Bridge.