- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
CHELSEA LINKED WITH €50M DEAL FOR LA LIGA STAR
- Updated: 18 February, 2012
Chelsea could be on the verge of a sensational €50 million swap deal involving Fernando Torres and Columbian hit man Radamel Falcao, if media reports today are to believed.
Andres Villas-Boas is said to have have lost patience with Torres, who has experienced a torrid time at Chelsea since joining from Liverpool last year, and has highlighted Falcao as the player he now wants at Stamford Bridge.
The Times of India claim Chelsea officials have approached Atletico Madrid with a view to a swap deal for the two players, something that would take Torres back to the club he began with as a youngster and the team he still supports today.
Falcao is also said be keen on a reunion with his former Porto boss Villas-Boas, but the Spanish club are said to want a substantial cash payment as part of the deal.
Falcao is one of the hottest strikers in world football at this time and has scored 62 goals in 72 games, including 33 in 36 outings under Villas-Boas at Porto last season.
Chelsea were linked with a move for the 26-year-old before he eventually joined the la liga club during the summer, but his blistering form this season has convinced the London club that the player could be a major success at Stamford Bridge.Follow @icentrocampista