- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
CITY READYING MOVE FOR BRAZIL INTERNATIONAL
- Updated: 26 February, 2012
Roberto Mancini wants to bring Real Madrid’s Brazilian fullback Marcelo to Manchester City according to Spanish press reports today.
The 23-year-old could be one of City’s main targets say Fichajes.net, although the Eastlands outfit would need to pay a substantial sum to prise the Brazil international away from the Bernabeu.
Marcelo has been at the Spanish league leaders for six years after arriving as a youngster from Fluminense, although the player initially struggled to break into the first team at the famous club.
Last season proved to be a breakthrough year for Marcelo however and he is now a permanent feature of Jose Mourinho’s starting XI.
City are currently top of the Premier League and Mancini’s men opened a five point gap over rivals Manchester United after a comfortable 3-0 victory over Blackburn Rovers at the Etihad Stadium yesterday.Follow @icentrocampista