- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
EVERTON TO BATTLE MADRID FOR LA LIGA STAR
- Updated: 20 February, 2012
Everton could be set for a summer transfer battle with Real Madrid for the signature of Mexican centre backHector Moreno, according to more reports surfacing in Spain over the weekend.
David Moyes was linked with a move for the Espanyol defender in last week’s Daily Mail, with Moreno said to be interest in a switch to Goodison, however reports on Mercafutbol yesterday claim Real Madrid have now joined the hunt for the 24-year-old.
It is understood that Madrid president Florentino Perez is keen on bringing in more Spanish-speaking players into the Bernabeu for next season’s campaign.
Meanwhile, Everton are already looking at potential targets for the summer transfer window and Moyes is keen on bringing Moreno to Merseyside.
The former AZ Alkmaar player has impressed in la liga since arriving last summer and Everton are said to have been monitored the player since his time in the Netherlands.