- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
LIVERPOOL CLOSING IN ON BARCELONA MIDFIELDER
- Updated: 25 February, 2012
Liverpool have again been linked with a move for Barcelona’s Mali international midfielder Seydou Keita.
Kenny Dalglish has tracked the player for a number of months and reports last month suggested Liverpool came close to securing a deal during the January transfer window.
The 32-year-old is set to leave Barcelona at the end of the season and Liverpool now appear favourites for his signature according to the Metro newspaper, although it is claimed Newcastle United are also showing an interest.
Keita has played over 100 times for the Catalan giants and is contracted to the club until 2014, however it is claimed Barca are ready to listen to offers in the region of £5 million for the player.
Liverpool are desperate for midfield cover but it is likely the reds would have to meet Keita’s current weekly wage of £80,000 to entice him to Anfield.Follow @icentrocampista