- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
LIVERPOOL SET TO MOVE FOR MADRID DEFENDER
- Updated: 28 February, 2012
Liverpool have again been linked with a move for Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin who is currently said to be looking for a move away from the Vicente Calderon.
Kenny Dalglish was linked to the player last month and reports on Spanish radio station Cadena SER today again claim Liverpool are showing an interest in bringing the Uruguayan international to Anfield.
Godin has made 22 appearances for Atleti this season but is still said to be unhappy at the La Liga side, who lost 2-1 to Barcelona on sunday.
Both players are reported to be interested in a move to Liverpool and the reports claim Dalglish has sent officials to Spain to discuss the possibility of a deal.
The former-Villarreal player has been linked with a move away from the Spanish capital for a number of months, although new Atleti coach Diego Simeone recently said the player is part of his plans as he attempts to get the club into a European place following a poor start that led to the sacking of Gregorio Manzano.
Liverpool have also had an inconsistent season in the Premier League but lifted their first silverware in seven years on Sunday, beating Cardiff City on penalties in the Carling Cup final.Follow @icentrocampista