- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
BARÇA STAR PEDRO SET FOR ANFIELD SWITCH?
- Updated: 4 March, 2012
Liverpool are rumoured to be tracking Barcelona star Pedro Rodriguez, who may be allowed to leave the Camp Nou according to Spanish sports daily, Mundo Deportivo.
Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish is a known admirer of the 24-year-old forward and was said to have made enquirers about the player’s availability during the January transfer window.
It now appears that the door could have opened for Liverpool to move for the player after Mundo Deportivo report Canary Island-born Pedro could leave the Catalan club – should a substantial offer be made.
The Spanish international has suffered injury and a dip in form this season, which has seen him drop behind Alexis Sanchez in Pep Guardiola’s plans, and his place looks further threatened by the emergence of young stars such as Cristian Tello and Isaac Cuenca.
Liverpool will see this as the perfect opportunity to try and bring the player to Anfield, however sources close to the player suggest he may be reluctant to leave the club he joined as a teenager.