- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea and City in €40M race for La Liga star
- Updated: 12 March, 2012
Manchester City and Chelsea are set for a €40 million transfer battle over the signature of Gonzalo Higuain according to English media report this weekend.
City boss Roberto Mancini is set to make a move for the Real Madrid hit man claim the People, while the Metro reports Chelsea officials are preparing a bid to bring the Argentine to Stamford Bridge.
Higuain scored his 20th goal of the season during Saturday’s 3-2 victory over Real Betis, but is still said to be unclear of his Bernabeu future under Jose Mourinho.
The 24-year-old was linked with a switch to Chelsea during the January transfer window but the dismissal of former coach Andres Villas-Boas has made any move less likely until a replacement is announced at the London club.
City meanwhile could be willing to sell Edin Dzeko to free up space for Higuain in their star-studded squad at Eastlands.Follow @icentrocampista