- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea and Man City put on alert over Argentine star
- Updated: 28 March, 2012
Chelsea and Manchester City have both been put on alert after Mundo Deportivo reported Angel di Maria has rejected new contract terms offered by current club, Real Madrid.
Stamford Bridge officials were reported to have made contact with Madrid in January regarding the possibility of the 24-year-old moving to Chelsea and Roberto Mancini’s City are also said to be keen on linking the player with his Argentina team mate, Sergio Aguero at the Etihad Stadium.
Di Maria currently receives €1.8 million per year at the Bernabeu but is said be be frustrated at the lack of a substantially increased offer which the player claims he was promised when he initially signed for the la liga side.
Mundo Deportivo claim the improved offer from the Madrid club is in the region of €3.5 million but say the former Benfica star has so far refused to extend his current deal.
City would appear favourites for the player should he leave Spain and the fact Roberto Mancini’s side will be playing Champions League football next season could give them the edge over Chelsea, who currently only sit fifth in the Premier League.
Both City and Chelsea are reported to have offered the player €5 million per year to move to England.Follow @icentrocampista