- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
CHELSEA EYE DOUBLE LA LIGA TRANSFER COUP
- Updated: 3 March, 2012
Chelsea are set for a double la liga transfer swoop during the summer according to Spanish media reports today.
Andres Villas-Boas has sent scouts to a number of Rayo Vallecano matches this year and the Chelsea boss is said be interested in bringing strikers Alhassane ‘Lass’ Bangoura and Michu to Stamford Bridge claim website, El Gol Digital.
Guinean international Lass has also been linked with a move to Manchester United after Old Trafford scouts watched the player in Sunday’s 1-0 defeat to Real Madrid, and the 19-year-old has enjoyed an impressive first season in the Spanish top flight.
25-year-old Michu meanwhile has been one of the standout performers in Spain this term and has bagged 11 goals in 23 games for los Vallecanos.
The former-Celta Vigo hit man has also been linked with a move away from the cash-strapped Madrid side, and a move to England was rumoured early last month.
The two players are currently attracting huge interest and Rayo are set to cash in on their stars to ease crippling debts amassed during previous ownership of the club.
Chelsea are currently facing a transition period and have endured a frustrating season this year, which has left Villas-Boas facing an uncertain future at the London club.