- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea readying swoop for La Liga star
- Updated: 30 March, 2012
Chelsea are lining up a move for Real Madrid’s Angel di Maria after the Argentine international stalled on transfer negotiations with the current Spanish league leaders, report The Sun.
The 24-year-old has alerted Chelsea to his possible availability after turning down an offer of £70,00 per-week at the Bernabeu and Stamford Bridge bosses are said to be readying a £35 million bid for the former Benfica player.
Reports in Catalan daily Mundo Deportivo on Wednesday first broke the news that di Maria had refused an offer of €3.5 million per-year from Madrid, almost doubling the reported €1.8 million the winger is currently on at the club, and said Chelsea and Manchester City were showing interest in the player.
The story in today’s Sun reports di Maria is looking to double his wages to around £80,000 per-week, which would also bring some parity to the salary of many of his team mates at los Blancos.
Chelsea were also reported to have made contact with Real Madrid officials in January about a possible transfer for di Maria, and the player has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge in a number of British media sources.Follow @icentrocampista