- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Five-star Madrid maintain their grip at the top – La Liga Round-Up and Highlights
- Updated: 25 March, 2012
Barcelona and Real Madrid continue to fight it out at the top of the table as both sides enjoyed wins in Saturday’s games of Jornada 30 of la liga.
Pep Guardiola’s men travelled to Mallorca for the day’s early game and came away with a 2-0 victory thanks to goals from Alexis Sanchez and Gerard Pique. The result was soured for the Catalans when Thiago Alcantara was dismissed in the second half following a second yellow card for handball.
The win ramped up the pressure on Jose Mourinho’s side who went into their game against Real Sociedad just three points above their rivals. Madrid responded in emphatic fashion however, with Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema both grabbing two in a 5-1 demolition of the Basque side. Gonzalo Higuain was also on the scoresheet as the league leaders restored their six point lead over their Catalan chasers.
The day’s other game saw more misery for Unai Emery as Valencia followed their disappointing mid-week home defeat to bottom side Zaragoza by losing 3-1 to Getafe at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez. Roberto Soldado gave los Che an early lead but the home side fought back well to heap more pressure on the under-fire Emery.
MALLORCA 0-2 BARCELONA
REAL MADRID 5-1 REAL SOCIEDAD
GETAFE 3-1 VALENCIA
Videos courtesy of GoalsArenaFollow @icentrocampista