- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
La Liga star heads Chelsea summer wish list
- Updated: 15 March, 2012
Chelsea have highlighted Radamel Falcao as the man they want to head a new forward line at the club according to reports in the London Evening Standard yesterday.
The Colombian hit man was linked with a Chelsea move during the January transfer window and Stamford Bridge officials still believe the 26-year-old Atletico Madrid man is the player to lead the club forward following a frustrating domestic season for the club.
The blues enjoyed a 4-1 victory over Napoli last night to progress into the quarter-finals of the Uefa Champions League, however leading striker Didier Drogba is likely to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the season while the future of misfiring £50 million Spaniard, Fernando Torres is also in doubt.
Falcao arrived at the Vicente Calderon in a £35 million deal from Porto last summer and has impressed for los Rojiblancos, scoring 21 goals in 31 games at the Madrid club.
Chelsea have also been linked with a move for Napoli’s Edinson Cavani who starred in last night’s Stamford Bridge encounter, but the Evening Standard claim Falcao tops the Chelsea wish list.