- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool set to fight Man United for Spanish star
- Updated: 31 March, 2012
Liverpool and Manchester United could be set to fight it out for the signature of Markel Susaeta, after reports in The Sun linked him with a possible move to the Premier League.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was impressed with the 24-year-old during Athletic Club’s 3-2 Europa League victory at Old Trafford earlier this month, while Kenny Dalglish is also said to be keen on bringing the Basque winger to Anfield during the summer as he looks to strengthen the Liverpool squad.
Susaeta is valued at £15 million by the La Liga side but they could be forced to sell the Eibar-born player for as little as £6 million, or risk losing the player for nothing when his contract expires in June 2013.
Chelsea and Real Madrid has also been linked with Susaeta and it is clear the Spanish under 21 international will be on the agenda of many of the game’s biggest clubs should he decide to leave San Mames.
Ferguson is also said to be keen on bringing a number of other Athletic players to Old Trafford at the end of the season, including the highly-rated Javi Martinez, while Kenny Dalglish has been linked with both Iker Muniain and Fernando Llorente in recent months as Liverpool look ahead to next season.