- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Real Madrid eye move for Manchester City star
- Updated: 27 March, 2012
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko could be heading for a summer move to Real Madrid after it was reported he is set to leave the club by the Daily Mail.
They report City boss Roberto Mancini has decided to offload the Bosnian international at the end of the season as the player becomes increasingly frustrated at the limited opportunities at the Etihad Stadium.
City paid German club Wolfsburg £27 million for Dzeko in January 2011 but the 26-year-old endured a poor debut season in the Premier League and faced criticism from Mancini for his lack of goals at the club.
The 2011/12 season began well for the player however, and Dzeko scored six goals in his first four games of the campaign. Despite this impressive start, the striker has since shown periods of inconsistency and has found chances limited as Mancini favours Italian forward Mario Balotelli and Argentine, Sergio Aguero.
Juventus have also been linked with Dzeko but Real Madrid coach Joase Mourinho is a firm admirer of the player and believes he could flourish at the Santiago Bernabeu. It is reported he could make a move for Dzeko, should Gonzalo Higuain move elsewhere during the summer.
City meanwhile have fallen three points behind Manchester United in the race for the Premier League crown but Roberto Mancini is still confident he can bring the title to the Etihad stadium for the first time since 1968.