- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Spurs face tough battle in race for La Liga hot shot
- Updated: 25 March, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur could be set to miss out on the signature of Villarreal hit man Giuseppe Rossi report the Daily Mail, after the Italian international’s agent hinted he favours a move to Napoli.
Spurs were recently linked with the player and reports on TalkSPORT suggested Tottenham were favourites to sign Rossi at the end of the season.
However the player’s agent, Federico Pastorello yesterday suggested a move to Naples is more likely for the New Jersey-born striker – should Ezequiel Lavezzi leave in the summer. Speaking to Radio Kiss Pastorello said: “Lavezzi going to England and Rossi to Napoli? I cannot confirm, but it is a possibility that Lavezzi might leave Napoli.
“We will see, but one thing is clear: Villarreal are open to selling Rossi, and the player is ready to leave the club.”
The report states Manchester City and Liverpool are both interested in Lavezzi and adds a move to serie A is likely for Rossi, as a replacement for the Argentine international.
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp tried to take tUS international Rossi to White Hart Lane in January 2011 and it is believed he is also planning to go back for the player during the summer.
Tottenham will look to strengthen their forward line during the summer after enduring a frustrating slump in form after a promising start to the Premier League season.Follow @icentrocampista