- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
UNITED AND BARÇA SET FOR TUG OF WAR OVER BRAZIL STAR
- Updated: 6 March, 2012
Manchester United look set for a summer transfer battle with Barcelona over the signature of Thiago Silva after reports linked both clubs with the Brazilian centre-back today.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to bring some much needed defensive cover to Old Trafford and has already highlighted a number of targets, including the 27-year-old Milan defender according to Spanish site, Fichajes.com.
Barcelona are also reportedly interested in Silva, who arrived in Italy from Brazilian outfit Fluminense in 2008, and the two clubs look set to battle it out for the player’s signature during the summer.
Barça have struggled with injuries this season and coach Pep Guardiola is also said to be concerned with the alarming dip in form shown by Gerard Pique in recent months.
United have also experienced a torrid time with injuries and captain Nemanja Vidic was ruled out for the season after damaging knee ligaments during his side’s 2-1 Champions League defeat at Basle in early December.