- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
City star on verge of La Liga deal
- Updated: 11 March, 2012
Manchester City winger Vladimir Weiss is expected to join la liga side Espanyol on a permanent deal at the end of the season.
Roberto Mancini is believed to see no future for the Slovakian international at the Etihad Stadium and TalkSport are quoting Catalan daily SPORT to claim the Spansih side are expected to make the 22-year-old’s loan spell permanent during the summer.
Weiss spent last season on loan at Glasgow Rangers before moving to Barcelona in August, where he has impressed playing in Mauricio Pochettino’s side.
It is claimed a number of other clubs are also interested in the player’s signature but it is understood Weiss will opt to remain at Espanyol, who are currently pushing for a European place despite experiencing a recent dip in form.
City boss Mancini has a wealth of talent at his disposal at Eastlands and has already begun highlighting more talent to bring to the big-spending blues during the summer.