- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
La Liga giants closing in on Chelsea star
- Updated: 8 April, 2012
Chelsea full back Jose Bosingwa is a summer target for former boss Jose Mourinho according to reports in British newspaper, The Sun.
The Portuguese international arrived at Stamford Bridge in 2008 when Chelsea paid Porto £16.3 million for his services, however the 28-year-old has refused a new contract deal at the London club and is set to leave as a free agent in the summer.
Mourinho is said to be leading the race to sign the defender and reports in Spain claim Real Madrid have already struck a deal with Bosingwa to bring him to the Santiago Bernabeu at the end of the season.
The Zaire-born defender has been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge for a number of months and it was reported Chelsea offered him to a number of clubs in the January transfer window, as they tried to recoup some money on the player before his contract ran down.
Mourinho coached Bosingwa at Porto before leaving for Chelsea in 2004, however the Portuguese coach had already left the club when the full back arrived at Stamford Bridge four years later.