- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
La Liga giants eyeing summer Chelsea raid
- Updated: 1 April, 2012
Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois could be on his way to Real Madrid in the summer after reports from The Daily Mirror linked him to the la liga giants.
Courtois arrived at Stamford Bridge last summer from Belgium side Genk, however he was immediately sent out on loan by Chelsea and has enjoyed a fantastic season at Atletico Madrid.
It is unclear where Courtois’ short-term future lies and the player has recently spoken of his desire to return to Stamford bridge, however it seems clear Petr Cech is still seen as Chelsea’s number one keeper and the Belgian may be forced to look elsewhere to gain experience.
The link with Real Madrid was first reported by AS last month who claimed los blancos want to bring Courtois to the Santiago Bernabeu, initially as a understudy to Spain keeper Iker Casillas before taking over the number one jersey when Casillas retires.
The recent sacking of Andres Villas-Boas has led to rumours of discontent at Chelsea and Courtois may now feel a move elsewhere would be preferable than a return to London.