- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool eyeing summer swoop for La Liga sensation
- Updated: 1 April, 2012
Liverpool are eyeing a move for Barcelona’s exciting youngster Cristian Tello say stories in British newspaper, The Daily Mirror.
Kenny Dalglish was linked with a move to bring the 20-year-old winger to Anfield last month after reports in the Daily Mail claimed Liverpool scouts had already been to Spain to monitor the player.
Now Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli is reported to be keen on following up this interest in the winger.
Tello scored on his full la liga debut for Barça against Real Sociedad early this year, and has since put in a number of impressive performances for Pep Guardiola’s side.
The Spanish under 20 international’s current contract expires this summer and Tello has yet to pen any extension – leading to growing speculation he may well be on the move.
Liverpool are currently looking to inject some new talent into their squad and Tello would seem to be the ideal player for Dalglish and the Anfield club, however it is unlikely the Catalan giants will be willing to let one of their brightest young players leave without a fight and a loan deal could be a more likely option.
You can read all about Cristian Tello HEREFollow @icentrocampista