- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool star set for transfer tug of war
- Updated: 5 April, 2012
Juventus and Roma have joined the hunt for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez, with the player’s future set to be fought over by clubs in both Italy and Spain.
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is adamant that the Uruguayan hitman will remain at Anfield next season but reports in the Daily Mail claim the italian clubs have already been in contact with Liverpool officials over a proposed £25 million deal for Suarez.
Real Madrid have long been linked with the 25-year-old and reports in Spain suggested he was close to moving to the Bernabeu in January.
However, it was made clear by the Anfield hierarchy that the Uruguayan international was staying on Merseyside and the reds gave Suarez their full backing during the players eight-match ban received for racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrick Evra.
Suarez arrived at Liverpool in January last year following a £22 million switch from Dutch side Ajax and has scored 16 goals in 44 appearances for the club. Despite his popularity among fans, Suarez has been dogged by controversy and is said to want a way out of the club during the summer.
His return to team action, following the ban, has done little to improve Liverpool’s current form and Dalglish’s side are currently experiencing their worst run of league results in almost 60 years.Follow @icentrocampista