- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Real Madrid target opens door to Arsenal switch
- Updated: 8 April, 2012
Arsenal have moved a step closer to the signing of French star Yann M’Vila after the reported-Real Madrid target claimed he would be interested in working with Arsene Wenger.
Wenger was recently linked with the 21-year-old in the Daily Mail with Spanish daily, AS, also reporting Arsenal and Real Madrid were the front runners for the player’s signature.
However, stories in The Sun now seem to have opened the door for Arsenal to make a move for the 21-year-old as they quote the Rennes midfielder star as saying: “If it is Wenger who asks you and wants you then of course that changes things.”
Both clubs were recently put on alert after Rennes coach, Frederic Antonetti confirmed the player would not be in France next season. Speaking to Radio Monte Carlo, Antonetti was quoted as saying: “Yann M’Vila will not be a Stade Rennais player next season.”
M’Vila has played over 70 times for Rennes and has become one of the leading players in the French league since making his debut in 2009, attracting interest from a host of clubs around Europe.
Arsenal meanwhile, enjoyed a fantastic 1-0 victory over Manchester City at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday, consolidating their place in the top four of the Premier League which would bring lucrative Champions League football to the Gunners again next season.