- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Tottenham eye summer move for La Liga star
- Updated: 1 April, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur are closing in on the signature of Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diara report British newspaper, The Sun.
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp managed Diarra at Portsmouth and wants a White Hart Lane reunion with the French international, with a £8 million summer deal being suggested.
The 27-year-old came close to a Tottenham switch last summer but the deal fell through in it’s final stages, leaving Diarra at the Santiago Bernabeu, where he has had few opportunities under Jose Mourinho this season.
Diarra joined the current Spanish league leaders from Portsmouth in January 2009 and has played over 80 games in Spain. However the hard-working defensive midfielder has struggled to establish himself in the side this season and has made only 22 appearances, mainly from the bench, in all competitions.
The player is said to be frustrated at his lack of playing time under Mourinho and wants a return to England, where he also played for Chelsea and Arsenal after beginning his career at French side, Le Harve.
Tottenham are currently fourth in the Premier League and lead fifth-placed Chelsea by five points in the race to bring Champions League football back to White Hart Lane next season.