- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal braced for Real Madrid raid
- Updated: 12 May, 2012
Arsenal duo Alex Song and Thomas Vermaelen are wanted by Spanish champions Real Madrid according to the Mail Online.
Song has become Arsene Wenger’s main ball-winning midfielder at the Emirates Stadium, while Vermaelen has formed an impressive partnership at the heart of the Arsenal defence with Laurent Koscielny.
Mourinho is now said to have highlighted both players as summer targets as the Portuguese coach looks to strengthen his squad after a season that saw them secure their first la liga title in four seasons.
Cameroon international, Song arrived at the Emirates in a loan deal from French side Bastia in the summer of 2005 and did enough to earn a permanent deal the following season. His has since played more than 130 games for the North London club and has become a firm fan favourite.
Vermaelen meanwhile, was a £8 million Arsenal capture from Dutch giants Ajax in June 2009 and has gone on to establish himself as one of the most reliable defender in the Premier League.