- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Athletic want Aduriz return should Llorente go
- Updated: 16 May, 2012
Aritz Aduriz is set to leave Valencia and return to Athletic Club in the summer as the Basques prepare for life without Fernando Llorente according to SuperDeporte.
With Manchester City showing increased interest in Llorente, Athletic have already begun the search for a suitable replacement and have turned their attention to former Bilbao youth player, Aduriz.
The San Mamés side were first linked with the 31-year-old last summer when new president Josu Uruttia claimed he was willing to pay four million euros for Aduriz. However despite again being linked with Aduriz during the winter transfer market, the San Sebastian-born strike remained at the Mestalla and scored eight goals in 39 appearances under Unai Emery last season.
Aduriz began his career at amatuer side CD Aurrera before moving to Athletic’s famed Lezama acadamy in 2000. He played 90 games for the club’s B team, but struggled to establish himself in the first team and played just three times being going on to have spells at Burgos, Valladolid and Mallorca. Aduriz joined Valencia during the summer of 201 in a deal reported to be in the region of four million euros.Follow @icentrocampista