- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea could face three-way fight for star
- Updated: 11 May, 2012
Chelsea were linked with a move to bring the Dutch international to Stamford bridge by the Sun in December and he is expected to leave the Amsterdam Arena this summer. However TalkSPORT now suggest the London club could face competition from Madrid and Italian side Roma for the 24 year old.
Any potential switch is said to be dependent on the player’s performance in the European Championships, but a squad shake-up is likely at Chelsea who have frustrated in the Barclays Premier League, despite reaching the final of the Uefa Champions League.
After a series of prolonged talks that started in January, it had widely been expected that Van der Wiel would be donning the white of Valencia next year, however these negotiations broke down in January, leaving the door open for the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid to make their move for the Ajax star.Follow @icentrocampista