- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea target wanted by Spanish giants
- Updated: 11 May, 2012
Chelsea face stiff competition from la liga giants Barcelona and Real Madrid for the signature of Mauro Caballero, according to TalkSPORT.
Officials at Chelsea are keen to bring the 17-year-old Paraguayan striker to Stamford Bridge during the summer as the club owned by Roman Abramovich look to secure the services of some of the games brightest young talent.
Chelsea have already tied up a deal to bring German international Marko Marin to the club ahead of next season, and have also signed youngsters Romelu Lukaku and Thiabaut Courtois in the past 12 months; with the Belgian goalkeeper impressing while onloan from Stamford Bridge at Atletico Madrid this campaign.
The transfer of Caballero could prove a trickier affair however, as TalkSPORT claim both Barcelona and new la liga champions, Real Madrid also want to sign the exciting Paraguay under-18 international who plays for Libertad.
It is claimed the youngster is currently valued at around £5 million and could spark a wave of interest during the summer transfer window.
Chelsea are set to play Bayern Munich in the Uefa Champions League Final later this month and beat Liverpool in last week’s FA Cup Final, however Roberto Di Matteo’s side have endured a disappointing domestic league season and currently sit only sixth in the Barclays Premier League.Follow @icentrocampista