- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Lionel Messi mistakenly declared dead by US Sports Network
- Updated: 29 May, 2012
US Media giant Fox Sports mistakenly declared Barcelona star Lionel Messi had died of a heart attack on Sunday according to reports from Catalan daily, SPORT.
The network, owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation, made the blunder on its Norte twitter feed when it published a tweet reading: “We announce the sad news that Lionel Messi died of cardiopulmonary arrest during a workout.”
The tweet was removed soon after but it had already been picked up by a number of Spanish media outlets, including the the Barcelona-centric SPORT.
There was an immediate response to the tweet as shocked fans of the Argentine international sought clarification of the news; especially as Messi had been seen celebrating Friday’s Copa del Rey triumph just a few hours earlier.
Fox are yet to comment on the incident but it is believed their Twitter account may have been hacked.