- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool and Chelsea target looks for La Liga move
- Updated: 23 May, 2012
Chelsea and Liverpool target Gregory van der Wiel favours a move to Spanish champions Real Madrid say TalkSPORT.
Liverpool were linked with the Dutch international by TalkSPORT last month, although the Merseyside club have since parted company with manager Kenny Dalglish and are now in the process of looking for a replacement to fill the vacant Anfield hotseat.
Chelsea meanwhile, were recently reported to be facing a fight to bring van der Wiel to Stamford Bridge after the Mail Online suggested a number of Europe’s elite clubs were also interested in the player.
TalkSPORT now quote the 24-year-old’s agent Hakim Slimani, who was talking to Dutch magazine NuSport, as indicating the player favours a move to Real Madrid: “There are about ten elite teams in Europe that have shown interest in signing Van der Wiel. But I can not say which clubs in question, or at what level the interest is at,”
Asked if Madrid were among those clubs, Slimani responded: “It is an absolutely top club, and Greg wants to go to a top club,”
Chelsea beat Liverpool in the FA Cup final two weeks ago and lifted the Champions League trophy on Saturday after their penalty shoot-out victory over Bayern Munich, however both clubs experienced disappointing domestic league campaigns.
Chelsea finished sixth while Liverpool’s eighth-placed finish ultimately proved unsatisfactory for the club’s American owners, and Anfield legend Dalglish was relieved of his job last week.Follow @icentrocampista