- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool face fight in any move for Spanish starlet
- Updated: 11 May, 2012
Liverpool could face stiff competition for the signature of Barcelona youngster Cristian Tello according to Mirror Football.
The Anfield club have tracked the exciting 20-year-old forward for a number of months and former Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli was said to interested in bringing the player into Kenny Dalglish’s squad by the same newspaper in March.
However, Mirror Football now report Valencia and newly-crowned Europa League champions Atletico Madrid are also showing interest in Tello which could lead to a transfer tug-of-war for the player.
The Sabadell-born player scored on his full la liga debut for Barça against Real Sociedad early this year, and has since put in a number of impressive performances for Pep Guardiola’s side.
However it is believed the Catalan giants could loan the la Masia product out next season in an effort to give him more experience, before deciding the palyer’s future at the Camp Nou.
It is also unclear what part the Spanish under 23 international will play in new coach Tito Villanova’s plans when he takes over from Guardiola at the end of this campaign, however Liverpool will be monitoring the situation.Follow @icentrocampista