- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool to make Spanish boss top target should Dalglish go
- Updated: 15 May, 2012
Liverpool will make Wigan Athletic’s Spanish manager Roberto Martinez their top target should they decide to part company with current boss Kenny Dalglish claim the Daily Star.
The Anfield club’s American owners, Fenway Sports Group are said to be hugely impressed with Martinez and Mirror Football were last night reporting Dalglish is set for showdown talks with the group in Boston to explain why Liverpool finished 37 points behind eventual Premier League champions Manchester City.
John W Henry and Tom Werner who head the group, are said to want to know why Liverpool could not meet the pre-season target of challenging for a Uefa Champions League place, despite the Merseyside club spending £110 million on new players over the past year and a half.
Martinez meanwhile, guided a modest Wigan side to safety after the club won an impressive seven out of their final nine games; including a 2-1 victory over Liverpool at Anfield in March.Follow @icentrocampista