- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Man City eye summer move for Barça Star
- Updated: 25 May, 2012
Manchester City are set to make another attempt to lure Dani Alves to the Ethiad Stadium this summer according to reports in Catalan daily SPORT.
City boss Roberto Mancini is said to be a long term admirer of the 29-year-old Brazilian full back and reports in Spain suggest that the Italian is ready to table an offer of €15 million plus Aleksander Kolorov.
Barcelona face Athletic Bilbao in the final of the Copa del Rey tonight but the Brazil international will miss the game due to an injury picked up in training last week.
Following their dramatic, last day title win, Mancini has already indicated that he is keen to strengthen his City squad for next season.
“Barcelona and Real Madrid every year buy two or three players and spend a lot of money,” Mancini told the BBC last week.
“I think for Manchester City it will be the same. We need to improve. We need to have the strength to play Champions League and Premier League.”
Those plans were given a further boost yesterday, when top goalscorer Sergio Aguero confirmed that he has no intention of leaving Manchester this summer. Real Madrid had previously been strongly linked with the Argentine.
Aguero was quoted by the BBC as telling Radio de la Red: “I will continue with City, I want to play in the Champions [League] here. Today City lives up to anyone, so I do not want to go. I decide where to go. If I say I stay, I stay.”Follow @icentrocampista