- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Mourinho eyes summer swoop for Chelsea star
- Updated: 13 May, 2012
Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic has emerged as a target for Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid according to the Mail Online.
Former Chelsea boss Mourinho is reported to want to raid Stamford Bridge for the Serbian international in an effort to toughen up his defence at the newly-crowned Spanish champions, and is also said to be interest in Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen as a replacement for former Chelsea favourite, Ricardo Cavalho.
Ivanovic arrived at the London club at the start of 2008 following a £9.7 million deal from Russian side Lokomotiv Moscow, and has gone on to make over one hundred appearances for Chelsea.
The 28-year-old Serb international has won a legion of fans with his robust style of play and the report suggest Chelsea will not let the player go cheaply. However, the £15 million it is believed the la liga club are willing to pay for Ivanovic would represent sound business.
Ivanovic has seen his stock rise following some recent impressive displays; most notably in the Uefa Champions League semi-final against Barcelona, but he suffered a set-back when he picked up a ninth caution of the season to rule him out of the Munich final against Bayern.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are still to decide on the future of caretaker boss Roberto Di Matteo although managerial target Pep Guardiola looks to have ruled himself out of the equation after reiterating his plan to take a year out from the game after stepping down as Barcelona coach.