- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
New La Liga season set to begin on 18 August
- Updated: 16 May, 2012
The Spanish football federation and the LFP have revealed details of the proposed scheule for the 2012/13 Liga BBVA season.
With the summers Uefa European Championships not ending until 1 July, players will have just six weeks to prepare for the commencement of the Spanish league which will see its first round of matches played over the weekend of 18 and 19 August. The final round of games will take place on 19 May 2013.
The league will play its last round of 2012 fixtures on 22 December before going into the winter break which will end with the next round of matches being played on 5 and 6 Januray 2013, although there are Copa del Rey games scheduled for 2 and 3 January. The cup final has been provisionally planned for 8 May.
There are just two free weekends planned for international matches; 26 Septemner 2012 and 17 April 2013.
The 2011/12 Liga BBVA season was scheduled to begin on 20 August 2011, however player strike action lead to a one week delay and the season eventually began its first round of matches on 27 August. The season finished on 13 May with Real Madrid crowned champions for the first time in four years.