- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Spurs make move for La Liga hitman
- Updated: 18 May, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur have made a shock move for Sevilla forward Arouna Kone according to Mirror Football.
Spurs have inquired about the Ivory Coast international to fend off interest from Stoke City, Atletico Madrid and Levante, where the 28-year-old sepnt last season on loan.
The reports suggest Tottenham have asked the player to delay any decision until they discover if Uefa Champions League will be played at White Hart Lane next season – a scenario which would give Spurs boss Harry Redknapp more money to spend on players.
The North London club finished fourth in the Barclays Premier League, however a victory for Chelsea in Saturday’s Champions League final with Bayern Munich would see the final place in Europe’s top club competion go to the the Stamfird Bridge outfit.
Kone had an impressive campaign at Levante, where his 15 goals goals helped the Valencia club reach sixth place; guaranteeing European football for the first time in the club’s 103 year history.Follow @icentrocampista