- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal lead race to sign Spanish hitman
- Updated: 17 June, 2012
Arsenal are leading the race to sign Real Madrid youngster Joselu according to reports from TalkSPORT.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wants to strengthen his forward line at the Emirates Stadium and reports claim Arsenal have been linked with the 22-year-old German-born forward in Spain.
Joselu was top scorer for Real Madrid Castilla last season, however it is claimed first team coach Jose Mourinho is unlikely to give him an opportunity in the senior side and the Spanish Under-21 international could be set to leave the club this summer.
Conflicting reports seem to come from Spanish daily MARCA however, who suggest the La Liga champions are happy with the player and will only let him leave the Bernabeau if they receive an offer no less than €12 million.
A number of other clubs are also said to be interested in Joselu, who scored 26 goals in the Segunda B last season.
Arsenal meanwhile, still face uncertainty over their star striker Robin van Persie, currently on international duty with the Netherlands at the European Championships.Follow @icentrocampista