- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal set to move in on Spanish star
- Updated: 23 June, 2012
Arsenal are preparing a bid for Atletico Madrid front man Adrian Lopez according to Spanish daily AS.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is said to have been impressed by the 24-year-old and it is claimed Arsenal are ready to offer €12 million to bring Adrian to the Emirates Stadium.
The former Deportivo la Coruna striker has a buy-out clause in his contract which is set at €18 million however, and AS report Atleti are also attempting to increase this in an effort to keep Adrian at the Vicente Calderon
The Spanish international had a fantastic first season in Madrid and scored seven goals in 36 games as Diego Simeone’s side finished in fifth place in La Liga.
Arsenal are said to have highlighted Adrian as the player they want if Dutch striker Robin van Persie makes a likely summer exit from the Emirates Stadium, however it is clear Atletico will be loath to let the player leave.