- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal eyeing Barcelona star
- Updated: 2 June, 2012
Arsenal are showing interest in Barcelona youngster Isaac Cuenca say Catalan daily SPORT, despite the player recently undergoing surgery.
Cuenca was linked with Arsenal by the MailOnline in December and it is now claimed Arsene Wenger has rekindled his interest in a player who he believes would be ideally suited to the philosophy of play at the Emirates Stadium.
The 21-year-old winger penned a new deal in January that looked set to keep him at the Camp Nou until June 1915, however Cuenca’s future under new boss Tito Vilanova is now far from clear. Reports in SPORT suggest Vilanova will decide whether the Reus-born player, currently recovering from recent knee surgery, will feature in his plans over the next few weeks, and it is claimed Arsenal may even be able to land the Spanish U23 international for as little as €10 million.
Arsene Wenger has developed a number of youngsters at the Emirates Stadium since arriving in 1996 and Arsenal have already signed a number of youth players from Barcelona, including Cesc Fabregas who returned to the Camp Nou last summer after nine years in North London.