- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Barcelona linked with Danish star midfielder
- Updated: 9 June, 2012
One of new Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova’s first signings could be Ajax’s young Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen, according to media reports from Spain.
Barcelona based sports dailies El Mundo Deportivo and ‘Sport’ both carry details of the possible transfer, with the Dutch club reportedly seeking a 25m euro transfer fee.
There is a suggestion that Barca will counter this with a 20m euro offer plus Cristian Tello on a season long loan, which may explain why Atletico Madrid failed in their attempt to sign the young winger on a similar basis earlier this week.
The 20-year-old Eriksen has lit up the Eredivisie this season with a string of outstanding performances, but his high price tag may yet scare off ‘los azulgrana’, given that their priorities this summer in the transfer market are a left back and central defender.
The club appear to be on the verge of filling one of those holes with the signing of Jordi Alba from Valencia.Follow @icentrocampista