- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea set sights on Real Madrid target
- Updated: 4 June, 2012
European Champions Chelsea are set to continue their summer spending and have their eyes on a move for Real Madrid target Gregory van der Wiel say the MailOnline.
Chelsea have already tied up the signature of Belgian midfielder Eden Hazard, who passed a Stamford Bridge medical on Monday, and it is claimed Chelsea have now turned their attention to Ajax fullback van der Wiel. Blues owner Roman Abramovich has already allowed Portuguese international Jose Bosingwa to depart Stamford Bridge, with 24-year-old van der Wiel seen as the perfect replacement at right-back.
The Dutch star has also been linked with Real Madrid however and TalkSPORT recently quoted the player’s agent as saying van der Wiel favours a move to the side coached by former Chelsea boss, Jose Mourinho.
Van der Wiel has also long-been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge and the MailONLINE claim the defender told Sky Sports he would be tempted by a switch to Chelsea saying: “‘It would be a beautiful club (to join).”