- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Five key players in Spain’s quest for continued glory
- Updated: 10 June, 2012
As the reigning European and World champions, Spain go into their first match of Euro 2012 against Italy as slight favourites.
However there has been a certain fear emanating in some quarters recently over whether this dominance could breed a complacency that could ultimately derail la Roja’s efforts to retain their crown.
Vicente del Bosque did not make any radical changes to the squad from the one that toppled the world in South Africa, and while it is arguably the strongest in Europe, it still contains some areas of questions and concerns.
While factors like fatigue and a lack of urgency may play a role in Spain’s Euro 2012 journey, there are a few players who need to rightfully elevate their form in order for the country to attain glory once again.
Michael Moschetto takes a look at these players and gives his thoughts on how the European Championships may unfold for the current holders.Follow @icentrocampista