- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool set to rival Chelsea for La Liga star?
- Updated: 23 June, 2012
Liverpool and Chelsea could be set to battle it out for the signature of Malaga striker Jose Salomon Rondon if reports in Mundo Deportivo are to be believed.
Chelsea were linked with the Venezualan international by the MailONLINE recently, who claimed the Stamford Bridge club see him as an ideal replacement for Didier Drogba, however it is now reported Liverpool are also interested in Rondon.
The 22-year-old’s agent has confirmed the forward is wanted by both Liverpool and Chelsea according to the Catalan daily, who go on to suggest Tottenham Hotspur are also keen on the player.
Rondon scored 11 goals in 37 La Liga games for the Spanish club last season and helped Malaga to a fourth place finish – securing Uefa Champions League football for the first time in their history in the process.
Chelsea endured Champions League glory last mont as Roberto Di Matteo led the team to a penalty shoot-out victory over Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena, and the Italian was subsequently handed a permanent two-year deal at Stamford Bridge.
Liverpool meanwhile are looking to improve on last years disappointing seventh place finish, as former Swansea City boss Brendan Rodgers begins his first season in the Anfield hotseat.Follow @icentrocampista