- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Man United want Spanish midfield star
- Updated: 17 June, 2012
Manchester United want Barcelona’s Spanish midfielder Thiago Alcantara according to reports in Catalan daily SPORT.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has already tied up a deal to bring Japanese international Shinji Kagawa to Old Trafford and the Barcelona-based newspaper now quote The Daily Mail as suggesting Ferguson is eyeing a move for 21-year-old Thiago.
The Italian-born Spanish international has previously been linked with a number of clubs, including Seria A giants Milan, however it is clear Barca will be loath to let one of their most promising young talents leave the Camp Nou.
Thiago made his senior Barcelona debut aged 18 in 2009 and the attacking midfielder has since gone on to make over 40 appearances for the Catalan club, scoring five goals.
Capped three times by Spain, €26 million-rated Thiago was left out of Vicente del Bosque’s squad that are currently competing in the European Championships in Poland and Ukraine.
Manchester United meanwhile endured a frustrating campaign last season, both domestically where they were pipped to the title by City, and in Europe where they where Ferguson’s side were knocked out of both the Champions League and the Europa League.Follow @icentrocampista