- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Real Madrid and Barcelona transfer talk – Saturday
- Updated: 9 June, 2012
Polish coach Francsizek Smuda believes that his first choice right back Lukasz Pisczek will leave Borussia Dortmund to move to Real Madrid over the summer. (Marca)
Inter Milan are reportedly preparing to hijack Fernando Gago’s move from Madrid to Roma with an offer nearer to the 7m euro fee for which the La Liga champions are asking. (Marca)
Jose Mourinho is travelling to Poland to check out in person the performances of his players in the Germany-Portugal clash today, and will stay on to watch Spain-Italy tomorrow. (Marca)
Former Madrid ‘keeper Paco Buyo has urged Antonio Adán to ignore Mourinho’s efforts to keep him at the club, and to move on to gain more playing time. (AS)
Attempts to persuade Athletic Bilbao to sell Javi Martinez continue, but the Basque club remain unprepared to consider any offer less than the 40m euros stipulated in his contract release clause. (AS)
Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen has become the latest player to be linked with a switch the the Camp Nou. Sources in Holland suggest that the club are looking for a fee in the region of 25m euros, as well as Cristian Tello on a season long loan. (Mundo Deportivo)
Sergio Busquets has laughed off suggestions emanating from the Madrid press in recent weeks that he is a diver; ‘it goes in one ear and out the other’. (Mundo Deportivo)
Gerard Pique has followed David Villa in singing the praises of soon to be new recruit Jordi Alba, describing him as being ‘on fire’ in training ahead of La Roja’s clash with Italy tomorrow. (various)
Robin van Persie’s father has dismissed any possibility of his son joining ‘los cule’ this summer. (various)
Javie Mascherano has become the latest Barcelona player to open his own Facebook account. (Sport)Follow @icentrocampista