- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal close in on deal for La Liga star
- Updated: 24 July, 2012
Arsenal have agreed terms with Spanish international Santi Cazorla according to reports from The Guardian.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wants to bring the Malaga winger to the Emirates Stadium and Cazorla is said to have agreed to join the North London club.
The reports suggest Wenger is hopeful a bid of €20 million will be accepted, despite the 27-year-old having a buy-out clause in his contract believed to be set at €45 million.
Malaga paid a club record £16.5 million to take the Spanish international to la Rosaleda last summer, however they were heavily-criticised by a number of players last week after it emerged there were still outstanding wages to be paid.
Cazorla, who has been capped 45 times by Spain, was among those to raise their concerns and is said to have told officials that he wanted to leave the Andaluz club.
Arsenal meanwhile, have seen their summer overshadowed by the saga involving Robin van Persie, with bids having been rejected from Juventus, Manchester United and Manchester City.Follow @icentrocampista