- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal lose out in hunt for Spanish wonder kid
- Updated: 3 July, 2012
Arsenal have missed out on the signing of Lucas Torro Marset after the highly-rated youngster passed his Real Madrid medical report Spanish news outlet Pagina66.
The Gunners were linked with the 17-year-old Alcoyano midfielder by TalkSPORT in January who suggested Arsenal were looking to follow up the capture of talented Spanish pair Jon Toral and Hector Bellerin, who arrived at the Emirates Stadium from Barcelona last summer.
However it has now been confirmed Torro has passed his medical at the Real Madrid training centre at Valdebebas, after initially signing a deal to move to the capital two weeks ago.
Torro will go straight into the Real Madrid Juvenil A squad, however the midfielder may feature in the club’s C side or even the B team who will play in Spain’s second division this season.
Alcoyano President Juan Serrano confirmed Arsenal’s interest in Torro at the start of the year during negotiations to take young striker Wellington on loan from the Emirates.Follow @icentrocampista