- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal sign former Barca starlet on professional contract
- Updated: 3 July, 2012
Arsenal have given official confirmation that former Barcelona youngster Hector Bellerin has signed professional terms at the club.
The 17-year-old right back arrived at the Emirates Stadium last summer will fellow la Masia resident Jon Toral, shortly before Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas returned to Barcelona after eight years in England.
It was claimed by the MailONLINE that gunners boss Arsene Wenger had promised the youngster a fast-track into the Arsenal first team and now the club have confirmed that Bellerin signed his first professional contract on 1 July.
The Catalan played 20 games in the Premier Academy League and Premier Reserve League last season and impressed many with his attacking flair and technical ability.
A statement on Arsenal.com simply stated that Bellerin had ‘signed professional contracts with the Club and will officially become professionals with Arsenal on this date.’
Bellerin scored his first reserve team goal for Arsenal in a 2-0 victory against Chelsea in March.Follow @icentrocampista